Saturday 4 June 2011

What have I done lately?

Not much as it turns out. Hmm...I seem to be forever apologising for what I haven't done. Here's something wot i bort then!


Woo! (?) A core deck of MTG 2011 white/black called 'Blades of Victory'. Now, at this point, I must point out that I am a complete n00b. I know it's not nice to admit it, but I just don't play enough even to call myself intermediate standard. What I do know is that I played a couple of games with this deck and I didn't get pwned. A nice break from the usual, given that I normally play my 12 year old son who is as sharp as a very sharp thing.
I can't be very analytical about this but the black deck I played against (a Liliana based swamp/black deck) was really strong early in the game and I was nearly cleaned out within a couple of rounds. I lost at least 8 or 9 points to my causing only one or two. Eventually Pacifism, Vengeful Archon and Palace Guard staunched the flow, as it were. Then Doom Blade and Assassinate levelled the playing field for long enough for a few flying creatures to get going.
In the end Serra Angel came to the fore with Angelic Arbiter (nice foil) being just too much. Hooray and Huzzah!


A hit! a palpable hit!
(P.S. I'm sure one day it'll be less chance and more skill. Until then, may the cards be my saviours...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons