Saturday 27 February 2010

Rune Priest and Blood Claw. Update!



It seems to have been an age since the last post. Computer and email problems - camera battery issues - and sheer laziness. Plus the fact that I have been reading a lot of Fables comics too.

So here goes with the progress ...


First off the Blood Claw model has had a little work done - Some armour plate highlighting (basically Space Wolves Grey) , ammo pouch, and a gem on each knee. Close up on these images it looks a bit rough, but from a little way off (!) it looks OK. I tried to sort the left eye out but the model was having none of it so I left it as is - fearing I'd spoil it completely if I messed about too much.



And then with the Rune Priest. In a similar way to the Blood Claw, I've essentially started with 50/50 SW grey and Shadow Grey mix. I'll add a Scorched Brown/Grey wash and then lighten the original armour colour slightly to paint the plates/ I saw an article on the net and in White Dwarf about power weapon painting. So I've experimented a bit and this is what I came up with.
Looks OK - now toying with the idea of a final, very thin blue ink(?) wash as a kind of 'glaze' I think they call it. But I could be wrong. I've also painted on the undercoats for fur and etc as you can see.

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to have another bash at these... loft needs insulating don't you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons